Greater Manchester, England
£25000 - £32000 per annum
9 days ago
Morson International working in exclusive partnership with Amey Consulting are currently looking to hire a CAD Technician to join their South Manchester office.
The account has a significant forward work programme of projects including:
* Highway structural maintenance schemes
* Highway drainage improvement schemes
* Maintenance and improvement of highway structures
* Integrated transport, public realm and road safety improvement schemes
* Traffic management schemes
* Greater Manchester Mayor's Cycling and Walking Challenge Fund projects
* Highway improvements funded through developer contributions
* Carrington Relief Road
What is the purpose of this role?
Assisting the Engineering Team with the production of technically sound design solutions, including all associated reporting and administration.
What will this role involve?
- To assist Engineers with inspection work, feasibility studies, report preparation, cost estimating, Quality Assurance responsibilities
- Assist with contract preparation Preparing and assisting with drawing production
- Assisting with the preparation of technical documentation and reports
- Dealing with project related correspondence
- Maintaining high technical standards, consistent with the project brief under direction from the Engineer
- Assisting the Network Team with site supervision duties when required
- Assisting in project administration
- Assisting with compliance to the relevant health, safety and environmental legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations
- Maintaining a strong focused client relationship
- Assisting with the implementation of effective, value for money and innovative design solutions
What are we looking for?
- HNC / HND, or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Good IT Skills
- Experience of AutoCAD
- Developing good practice in Health and Safety and CDM Regulations
- Experience of innovative designs, value engineering and end to end service delivery. Experience of working with structures maintenance / design teams and Local Government or HA clients
- Experience of MX Good communication skills dealing with clients, elected representatives and the public
- Client focused approach to service delivery
- Technical competencies
- IOSH Working Safely
- Environmental Awareness
- Tool Box Talk
- Personal Highways Safety