5 months ago
Purpose of the role
ATC JV (ALSTOM TSO COSTAIN) are designing and constructing a major railway project in London.
Working under the direction of an Electrical Field Engineer, the Electrical CAD technician will be responsible for producing CAD models and drawings associated with the Electrical scope of work and including :
- 3D Modelling
- General arrangement
- Wiring diagrams
Position in the Organisation
The Electrical CAD technician will report operationally and hierarchically to the Electrical Field Engineer.
Networks & Links
In addition to the above, the Electrical CAD technician will interact directly with other members of the Electrical Team including the Electrical Package Manager and other CAD Technicians.
His/her work will be evaluated according to the following:
- Ability to deliver in relation to time and technical constraints,
- Deliver consistently good quality of the CAD drawings,
- Continuous Improvement - personal and professional development and higher levels of competencies achieved,
Likely Key Performance Indicators may include
The number of revisions to obtain a drawings acceptance - aspire to be right first time.
- To provide the drawings related to the scope of work (installation drawings, guidelines drawings, cables lists, As-Built documentation etc.),
- To provide technical support to Construction and T&C team with regards to installation design issues,
- To undertake the As-built drawing modifications.
Graduate or other equivalent & recognised qualification or experience
Desired Knowledge / Experience
MUST HAVE Crossrail Experience
* Very good knowledge of the software Microstation 2D and 3D modelling,
* Experience in installation of electrical systems,
* Construction stage/site experience,
* English mother tongue
Behavioural and Technical Skills / Competencies
- Proactive and able to use initiative,
- Interested in technical issues
- Team player