Rate on application
2 months ago
Morson International are currently seeking a AutoCAD Technician for one of our Military & Defence clients based in Poole.
Our client is focusing on Electrical and Mechanical design and specification works. As a key member of the Project Engineering team, the primary focus of the role is to prepare engineering drawings for manufacturing and documentation to the customer that will support our client in its commitment to delivering projects to a world class standard.
Tasks and Responsibilities
1. All employees have a responsibility to comply with our clients Operating System, Health & Safety Site Directives and Code of Conduct.
2. Ensure all relevant technical standards and specifications are adhered to for full technical compliance without supervision outside of departmental guidelines.
3. Collaborate with the Project Engineer on system design and create mechanical fabrication, mechanical assembly/outline and electrical engineering drawings using AutoCAD (Mechanical and Electrical versions).
4. Demonstrate technical ability and expertise for our client and any associated 3rd party equipment working as well as being familiar with control systems and sampling systems.
5. To liaise with engineering and production to ensure suitable drawings are supplied and any changes discussed and recorded.
6. Attend internal meetings as required and support manufacturing teams to ensure system manufacturing is successful
7. To supply final drawings and technical documentation to client and service / commissioning engineers.
* Completion of a recognised engineering modern apprenticeship / time served - Advantageous
* IT knowledge, competent with AutoCAD Mechanical and Electrical packages. On job training, can be provided if a willing to learn attitude is applied.
* Instrumentation & Control Engineering knowledge, particularly Oil & Gas Industry.
* Mechanical fabrication
Monday to Thursday 0830 to 1700
Friday being 0830 to 1530 with 45 minute lunch break.