Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £0.00 per annum
Rail Technical Team
11 months ago
Job Title - Technician
Location - Manchester
3 month contract
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
Technicians to complete civil/structural and geotechnical design submissions. Candidates would be proficient in the use of CAD (e.g. Bentley MicroStation/AutoCAD) software with a capability in reinforced concrete and steelwork detailing. Experience in the use of Revit, Civils or Microstation 3D and conducting design in a 3D environment and previous railway experience is desirable.
What you will do:
* To prepare CAD and 3D models to develop concept, feasibility and design proposals to meet business objectives. This may involve site visits in order to provide effective viable proposals.
* To provide cost effective, fit for purpose and value for money technical design service to internal and external clients and in accordance with efficiency targets.
* To establish, maintain and improve cost effective 'corporate' design standards for new build and renewals works having due regard to the particular requirements of company standards and policies and heritage designations where these apply.
* To proactively participate as a member of a Civil Engineering design team.
* To assist the Senior Technician Civils and engineering technicians in order to secure smooth and successful consents and approvals.
Your experience will include:
* HNC/HND or equivalent in a relevant discipline;
* Proficient in the use of AutoCAD (2D) or Bentley Microstation (2D);
* Knowledge/experience in a relevant discipline;
* Excellent design and presentational skills;
* Experienced in working in a team environment;
* Construction Design Management (CDM) and Health & Safety good practice awareness.
* Membership of a professional body such as the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE);
* Broad knowledge of railway engineering and railway standards;
* Proficient in AutoCAD (3D), Bentley Microstation(3D) and experienced in the use of BIM modelling packages such as AutoCAD Civil3D or Revit;
* Knowledge/experience of reinforced concrete design and steelwork detailing.
* Knowledge/experience/understanding of projects working in a BIM environment and the principles of BIM.