4 months ago
CAD Technician (As-Built Drawings)
Purpose of the Job
* To assist in the production of As-Built Drawings and updating 3D Model information from Red-Line drawing mark-ups as produced by contractors on site.
* Responsible for the transfer of Red-line information from contractor's mark-ups to the correct CAD data on packages of work as designated by the CAD Manager (As Built Drawings).
* Responsible for ensuring that all Red-line information is transferred to the relevant CAD files in an accurate and timely manner.
* Ensuring that all related procedures are adhered to during the transfer of Red-line information to relevant CAD files.
* Raising issues where the CAD file does not match the Red-line information, including but not limited to incorrect extractions.
* Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to Target Zero principles.
* Co-operate in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
* Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
* Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
* Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk.
Main challenges of the job
* Understanding CAD Standards and implementing the same.
* Understanding the drawing set-up within the ProjectWise environment.
* Understanding the working procedures associated with the Red-line / As-Built Drawings process.
* Working with the CAD Manager As-Built Drawings to ensure timescales for packages of work are accurate and on-time, and notifying of any issues with received data or process.
* Coordinating with contract CA regarding any discrepancies in Red-line mark ups.
* Hands on experience of Bentley 3D CAD Modelling suite of products.
* Knowledge of Bentley ProjectWise and Standards.
* Relevant experience in a major civil infrastructure projects.
* Civil and Structural Background or Experience.
* Ability to work collaboratively in a team, and share knowledge to resolve issues.