£133 - £205 per day
Rail Technical Team
5 months ago
Job Title - CAD Technician
Job Type - Contract (inside scope of IR35)
Location - Allerton, Liverpool
Rate - £133-£205 per day (Umbrella)
Duration - ASAP-20.12.18
A leading client in the Rail Industry is undertaking a multi-disciplinary depot enhancement in the North West involving Depot Specialist Plant, civils, OLE, M&E and Building and structural works.
To act as part of a team managing and maintaining the CAD and GIS operation for the Programme, providing a central repository of mapping and map based data to the Programme to check that all disciplines have available consistent and accurate map based data.
1. Manage existing and incoming CAD data files, external drawing requests and photographic records both in hard and soft formats in a structured manner, to manage the availability of latest revision data, with superseded data appropriately archived.
2. Prepare scheme diagrams, conceptual and detailed plans, for inclusion in reports, contract documentation and presentation to external bodies.
3. Provide professional advice on data transfer standards and systems, for inclusion in contract documentation.
4. Assist CAD Manager in circulation of the Project's CAD Procedures to suppliers, consultants and contractors.
* Good CAD skills and engineering knowledge.
* Relevant successful experience using MicroStation or AutoCAD.
* Good communication skills.
* Knowledge of OS Digital Mapping formats.
* Railway experience.
* Good desk top software skills.