Up to £13.46 per hour
5 days ago
Working in Devonport Royal Dockyard.
PAYE RATE £13.46 per hour
To undertake E&MT drawing and administration tasks as allocated by the Technical Lead.
Major Tasks and Activities:
* Updating of submarine Datum Pack drawing packs using AutoCAD.
* The preparation and production of AutoCAD drawings (within level of competence).
* Assist in the preparation and QA of documents produced within the section.
* Take minutes at meetings as required and produce relevant documentation
* Provide assistance (within level of competence) to section members.
* To act as section representative and point of contact for receipt, recording and filing of all technical information held within the section.
Key Technical Skills / competencies:
* Good Computer Aided Design (CAD) skills (specific training will be provided.
* Good Microsoft skills (Word, Excel etc.)
* Some general knowledge relating to the Marine Engineering
Key Behavioural competencies:
* Good communication skills , both written and verbal
* Good work ethic to ensure allotted tasks are delivered to time and quality
* Good Team Player who can develop an effective working relationships
* Good knowledge of the Design process particularly relating to Drawing Production and related technical information
* Good understanding of Ship Building and/or Naval Practices.
* Experience of Naval Vessels and/or Marine Engineering environment is essential.