£32000 - £43000 per annum
8 months ago
CAD Data Coordinator
The role will support BIM information management, data analysis and all related delivery activities:
- the key interface point with Contractors' CAD leads in Phase 1 Directorate Area South
- Subject Matter Expert for review of Contractors' CAD documents including CAD specific elements of the BIM Execution Plan;
ROLE OF DIRECTORATE/DEPARTMENT
Ensure that information deliverables provided by Contractors meet requirements and that has the means to receive, review and assure such information so that the design and construction and subsequent operation is successful.
- Phase 1 Area South CAD Subject Matter Expert and interface to Contractors CAD leads with a focus on driving compliance with contractual CAD requirements by joint work with Contractors and supporting Project Engineers and Project Managers.
- Support to Phase 1 Directorate on the use (review, analysis, coordination, use) of the Information provided by Contractors and drafting of responses to specific queries from Contractors (RFI/TQ/EWN) where subject matter expert
- Support Information Managers as the point of contact for technical CAD information management activities, including review of detailed CAD technical documentation such as BEP, MIDP and MPDT, ensuring they meet strategic objectives and technical requirements.
- Ensuring CAD processes, standards and procedures are adhered to by the Supply Chain.
- Assisting the Phase 1 Directorate project managers and engineers in the management and use of CAD information deliverables and objectives.
- Responsible for raising awareness, education and training of project managers and engineers in CAD process and tools. Advise project managers and engineers on available CAD data products and tools, best practice and how limitations may impact upon their use;
- Identify areas for improvement and feedback into the CAD standards development and operational delivery processes including promoting digital transformation in all areas where efficiency can be gained
- Use of BIM/CAD management tools, such as but not limited to ProjectWise, Bentley AeCoSIM or Autodesk Revit for the management and assurance of CAD information;
- Communication skills - including providing responses to technical CAD questions, requests for information; and communicating technical information to non-technical staff
- Manage a varied high volume of demands responding to Contractors queries, formal submissions, plus Project Manager and Engineer queries on CAD issues;
- Apply project management and governance principles to delivery, especially in managing dependencies between deliverables often from different Suppliers;
- UK BIM Level 2 standards, including BS and PAS1192 series
- Knowledge of information management tools and especially CAD
TYPE OF EXPERIENCE
- Experience of CAD/BIM within an engineering or multi-disciplinary project
- Experience of managing technical information in a complex environment
- Collaboration & Relationship Building: Work in collaboration with supply chain partners, stakeholders and colleagues to achieve quality outcomes, ensure value for money, manage risk and to ensure all voices are heard
- Engagement and Influential Communication: Communicate appropriately with a range of people, understanding different perspectives and adapting communication style to have a positive impact