17 days ago
Morson are working exclusively with Stansted Airport (part of the MAG Group, the UKs largest airport operator) to recruit for a drawing records manager, which is a new role based within at the airport. The role is not a design production position, but is focused on the assurance and governance of design associated data and the management of data, checking data integrity and pooling a central database. The role will also have a focus on developing a new digital platform within Stansted for master drawings, including the implementation of software such as BIM and Revit.
Attractive salary,10% bonus, pension scheme above industry standard, free parking and a host of flexible benefits are on offer.
The role offers significant scope for career development and the possibility of being able to recruit a team and requires a self-starter with the ambition to achieve the challenge at hand.
Knowledge of BIM as well as REVIT and GIS would be highly useful, but for an outstanding candidate with a strong design background. A candidate who has used these briefly, is aware of them and are happy to become trained in them will also be considered.
* The primary purpose of this role is to lead the creation and on-going management of the airport's drawing records, surveys and asset information (non-Maximo) database.
* This accountability for maintaining the CAD library of data-sets is critical to the support and development of assets
* Provide up to date drawing records for the Permit to Work Systems, Survey Management, Asset Development works and for 3rd parties (including Property Team and FM provider).
* Update the existing processes and systems to ensure accurate and complete asset drawing information.
* Lead group's contribution to group policy for Drawing Records and development of BIM and GIS capability.
* Represent group at data strategy / drawing record meetings and contribute towards shaping the development of Asset Data management function.
Facts and Figures
The following info provides an insight into current projects and programmes at Stansted:
* Airport capital programme c. £40m pa
* Airport asset register c. 96,000 assets
* Interaction with Asset Management staff (maintenance leads and technicians), Engineering Services (project managers and contractors) and FM contractors.
* Accountable for managing the accuracy of all drawn information for assets.
* Update existing records from as built drawings to maintain a master drawing set.
* Maintain and develop CAD datasets to meet the requirements of standards.
* Lead best practise management of survey datasets and maintenance of metadata to agreed standards.
* Technically manage the system that supports the drawing database and provide leadership to ensure we exploit current technology.
* Ensure that project handover documentation (drawing records) is reviewed and that through this review processes the quality of documentation is assured.
* Create a process of governance for the drawing database and access to it.
* Support the process to develop a location hierarchy for assets. Ensure that the location and asset data in Maximo is reliable, accurate and complete and in line with the completion of registration and deregistration processes.
* Support the development of a Group GIS and BIM data strategy and provide technical leadership for the implementation plan.
* Create a process for capturing and logging all survey information to ensure control, co-ordination and efficiency of resources.
* Ensure that the drawing data is reliable, accurate and complete, including ensuring completion of asset registration / deregistration processes.
* Ensure that asset data is provided to Engineering Services / contractors in a timely manner within the project delivery process, and that data is returned from contractors so that impacted assets are recorded accurately.
* Acceptance of 'as built' data prior to issue to Asset Management Team
Key Contacts and Relationships
* Asset Data Records Manager
* Asset Maintenance Services Team
* Asset Maintenance Operations Team
* Engineering Services Team
* Health & Safety team (and/or Control of Works)
* Property & Retail
* Airport stakeholders & clients (e.g. Terminals, Airfield & Car Parks)
This role has tremendous career development opportunity within a best in class airport which is undergoing multi-million pound transformation has the potential for further growth.
Interested? Please send your CV through to me on or call 0161 707 1516