£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + bonus/bens
5 months ago
Our client are a multi-disciplinary consultancy, specialising in project design work across multiple sectors, largely within highly regulated environments. This role will be based on a high security nuclear site (hence UK nationals only due to site regulations).
They are seeking a Built Environment CAD Manager, who has experience within highly regulated environments. Naturally, nuclear experience would be a distinct advantage for applicants.
A member of the Managed Services Team reporting to and supporting the Operations Manager. Responsibility for providing Management to the CAD Services Team in the delivery of drawing configuration using Computer Aided Design (CAD) /BIM to a Defence Contractor client, based at their premises..
* Ensuring efficient communication both upward & downward within the Managed Service hierarchy and to customer organisation.
* Overall accountability for maximizing performance related profit earnings for CAD Service delivery.
* Ownership and management of project budgets to ensure profitable delivery on time within budget and of required quality.
* Ensuring availability and utilisation of CAD resources to meet programmed requirements
* Providing suitably qualified and experienced resources to meet project requirements and identification of skills-gaps and training requirements.
* Governance over application of estimating methodology process and ensuring audibility to AWE Management
* Overall responsibility for quality and production of drawing deliverables and information produced by the team in accordance with client standards
* Ensuring Service Level Indicators are disseminated and implemented within the team and monitored thoroughly and SLI profit is maximised
* Service volume and scope expansion through Client engagement and development.
* Scheduling and planning resources in accordance with the Programme of Works (POW) to ensure utilisation targets are achieved.
* Develop, Implement and monitor CAD/BIM standards and procedures to meet client requirements
* Provide training and supervision of in-house CAD/BIM team
* Provide leadership and vision to the team
* Evaluate team members for their technical skills, performance and productivity
* Identify opportunities and recommendations for increasing workflow efficiencies
* Recommend best practices
* Work with Operations Manager regarding technical issues, training and other CAD/BIM system issues
* Manage project budgets and ensure commercial awareness within CAD/BIM team
* Provide guidance and direction to CAD/BIM team to ensure operational and technical excellence.
* Promote and deliver continuous improvement activities within CAD/BIM team
* Organise and manage regular project review meetings with Team Leads
* Adopt and implement Service Strategy within CAD/BIM team
* Demonstrate continuous improvement in People, Processes & Technology
* HND/HNC or equivalent in Engineering.
* Undertaking configuration for asset lifecycle management
* Demonstrate an understanding of technical standards and regulatory requirements for data management
* Understanding the lifecycle of data
* Understanding of the need for and adherence to systems and processes
* Expert knowledge of common data environment and Electronic Data Management Systems. (BS1192)
* CAD/BIM Team Management experience
* Control and management of CAD datasets in a multi-discipline collaborative environment covering BIM Level 0 to Level 2.
* Working with defined CAD/BIM processes and software
* Experience of Laser Scanning and Point Cloud data manipulation
* Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD based BIM products
* Integration of building construction and process equipment design data is an advantage
* Programming and planning of resources to projects
* Advanced CAD & BIM software operation and file management
* Good oral, written and presentational skills with a particular aptitude for report, documentation and letter writing
* Advanced knowledge of REVIT modeling software.
* Excellent technical and management skills
* Strong commercial awareness ensuring that the team operates efficiently whilst making a profit.
* Team player - will encourage team performance as a whole and work together for greater good.
* Proactive and motivational whilst commanding respect from all stakeholders through technical and personal credibility
* Good interpersonal & communication skills to ensure effective communication to all levels to both internal and external personnel
* Able to listen to others to identify their needs and objectives in a given situation.
* Able to challenge and question appropriately.
* Capable of influencing a team, working effectively with others
* Professional in dealing with clients and customers
* Leads by example
* Proven interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
* Drive and manage team performance.
* Nationality: UK (no dual passport/citizenship due to Security Clearance)
* Security Clearance: SC Minimum with the ability to progress to DV(A) level
* To be fit and able to work on a nuclear licensed site
* Full UK driving license and own transport
Interested? Please send your CV or call 0161 707 1516