£20.00 - £45.00 per annum
3 months ago
Position 14 Dock CAD Manager
The purpose of the CAD Manager post is:
To manage the delivery of CAD modelling, drawings and design work (from in-house and outsourced CAD resources) to the required standards, ensuring consistency across 14 Dock Readiness scope and with 15 Dock and SDDP scopes also.
Responsible for defining a CAD Strategy to ensure all design works are appropriately controlled and governing the presentation of design information in accordance with modern CAD standards as appropriate.
The CAD Manager post operates as part of the Strategic Infrastructure Business Unit.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
Develop requirements and guidance for production of CAD design information for 14 Dock Readiness Programme. Author CAD Strategy in accordance with wider MIP / CAD standards (14 Dock Readiness is not a BIM Project but all design works shall be conducted in Autodesk 3D modelling software, in accordance with appropriate modern standards, such that BIM compliance could be achieved with minimal additional effort).
Assist Engineering Leads in production of SOWs for outsourced design support, providing input to CAD design requirements. Assist in technical review of tender returns, pertaining to CAD design information.
Lead in-house CAD design works and review outsourced CAD design documentation to ensure that all CAD design is produced to agreed standards. Provide Subject Matter Expert advice regarding CAD design.
Provision of CAD Design / Engineering services to the 14 Dock Readiness in-house team for the production of ad-hoc design models and drawings.
Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and leading the project's technical planning process.
Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements, operate and deliver through compliance with the Business Management System and Technical Manual.
Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
For the principal tasks and responsibilities identified in Section 4 to be carried out and discharged effectively, there are a number of limited responsibilities of other groups or persons that must also be discharged. Principal amongst these are:
Other Engineering Leads (within 14 Dock team) - to ensure that system delivery of all Engineering designs are fully integrated and any conflicts / clashes are resolved.
Other CAD Managers / Lead Designers representing affiliated programmes / projects (notably SRC, 15 Dock and SDDP) to build and maintain an integrated 3D facility model, incorporating new design information as and when such information becomes available, in an efficient manner most appropriate to the budget and time constraints of the 14 Dock Readiness Programme.
Operations & Integration Lead - communication of operational capabilities for systems to ensure that the overall operational concept meets the high level capability requirements of the Facility
Safety Engineers - to communicate design information and provide design evidence in support of justification and fulfilment of any associated Safety Functional Requirements (SFRs).
Project / Package Manager - to communicate on CAD design deliverables to scope, schedule and cost. Raise any technical issues that may have an effect on overall project delivery
User Acceptance Group (UAG) - demonstration that the designed systems will meet the functional User Requirements
Design Authority (DA) - to advise on technical governance aspects of CAD design deliverables to ensure that quality is of required standard.
Engineering Services Technical Authority (ES TA) - to attain information on current systems, learning from experience, dockyard best practice etc.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
A degree, HND or equivalent in an appropriate engineering discipline.
Chartered / Incorporated Engineer, registered with Eng Council.
Nuclear: Nuclear Introductory Course or equivalent nuclear and/or marine system knowledge.
Local: * Design of heavy civil engineering and building structures and/or Mechanical, Electrical or Nuclear Process systems and components particular experience in dock SSCs preferred
* Knowledge of architectural design of industrial buildings
* Knowledge of building services design and installation
* Knowledge of construction techniques employed for Nuclear Safety related structures and buildings.
* Knowledge of manufacturing techniques and quality control methodologies employed for Nuclear Safety related systems
* Knowledge of modelling and design techniques and application thereof to modern design standards.
Experience * Experienced in 3D CAD modelling with Autodesk software (REVIT, Inventor, AutoCAD 3D) plus Navisworks.
* The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle
* Provide expert advice to the sub-contracted design houses to enable them to develop the design
* Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements
* Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience
* Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures.
* Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications
* Experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines and/or facilities