20 days ago
We are recruiting for Cad Engineers at all levels of experience to be based in Bristol and Bridgwater.
Nature and Scope:
- The Design Engineering team (DET) is committed to the delivery of design studies for the New Build project, in preparation for construction works and to provide design supervision for site. DET is responsible for managing the planning / design / engineering of the client-led design packages primarily consisting of the delivery of 20 Ancillary Buildings, Permanent Roads and Networks and Electrical Design. The branch scope of work is multidisciplinary covering UK specific structures, buildings, systems, roads and utility infrastructure.
- DET is responsible for the delivery of a substantial numbers of design packages undertaken on their behalf by external consultants and as such primarily fulfils a design management function.
- The CAD/BIM Team is responsible for providing transverse support to the wider DET through engagement with supply-chain partners and surveillance of their deliverables, for producing 2D and 3D outputs as required to support engineering activities. It is responsible for overseeing the management and distribution of digital design data to stakeholders across the project. Additionally, the team provides 3D surveillance support to the teams responsible for review and acceptance of Reinforced Concrete designs. The team also provides support to other stakeholders within the business as required.
- Within this remit typical tasks frequently include; production of 2D Drawings in AutoCAD, surveillance of 3D Reinforcement Designs using Tekla, 3D Coordination tasks using Navisworks, processing and distribution through project CDE, extraction of schedules, BoQs and other data from PDMS/Revit, review and creation of governance documents (EIRs/BEPs).
- The new post holder will join a small team which provides a variety of CAD and BIM services to many stakeholders. The scope of work is transverse and reactive and as such a dynamic and flexible approach is as important as technical capability and rigour. As a client-side team their scope includes both the review of design work produced by others as well as producing work in-house to support the project and will therefore require more awareness of CAD/BIM management type activities than a consultant or contractor focused CAD Engineer.
- Reviews of Contractor Partner deliverables including 2D drawings, 3D models and documentation.
- Employing good information management principles to distribute data to project stakeholders
- Preparation of a range of drawing types including site layouts, planning, and construction sequencing
- Liaison with the internal and external stakeholders (other CAD team, contractors, consultants)
- Review the quality of materials delivered by the DET Team;
- Review the CAD quality assurance and quality control of drawings, plus clash detection of layouts and CAD models prepared by Contractor Partners;
- Implementation of CAD tools;
- The production of 3D models, using appropriate software including AutoCAD, Civil3D, Revit, PDMS and the Navis Suite;
- Review and contribution to technical CAD/BIM documentation (EIRs, BIM, CAD standards)
- Preparation of site layout planning drawings and construction sequencing
- Preparation of drawings for Planning or Permitting applications;
- Use & implementation of NNB standards;
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficiency in the use of engineering tools - Tekla (or other structural package) and AutoCAD a strong advantage; Revit, Navis Suite, PDMS also advantageous
- A firm understanding of engineering principles with the ability to convert design information into 2D and 3D models;
- HNC or equivalent qualification and experience in Civil or Structural Engineering would be advantageous
- Strong and substantiated experience in 3D modelling
- Good communication/interpersonal skills;
- Solid experience on large engineering projects
- Ability to read, digest and implement engineering procedures;
- Ability to work independently and to be proactive;
- Experience in applying engineering standards (UK, European and/or International);
- Awareness of safety implications of design including Construction Design and Management (CDM) regulations;
- Professional Institute membership is an advantage;
- Delivery focused approach;