To develop engineering drawing packs as required to support delivery of engineering work packages. To support engineers through the design process by undertaking surveys to enable the generation of suitable drawings, as well as suggesting workable solutions to aid design development.
- Analysing and interpreting design requirements to produce appropriate and comprehensive drawing packs.
- Developing workable design layouts and solutions to support engineers
- Gathering and manipulating data to support design and draughting work.
- Providing skilled design and drafting service to project teams and engineers.
- Providing technical advice on drafting standards to other staff / contractors
- Ensuring that effective and up-to-date records (both paper and computerised) are maintained and accessible when needed
- HNC (Engineering subject) with apprenticeship or equivalent practical training.
- Proficiency in relevant IT applications, in particular computer aided design systems (AutoCAD).
- Significant experience of draughting across all engineering disciplines within the manufacturing, petrochemical or process industries. Practical experience of design and project office practices
- Experience within nuclear industry preferred