South Lanarkshire, Scotland
Up to £0.00 per annum
2 months ago
Our client Scottish Power are seeking a CAD Designer / Electrical for an on-going contract role based at Cambuslang.
Develop and Deliver drawing office solutions to support SP Energy Networks engineering solutions for Transmission Network Projects (132kv and above).
Provide necessary concept and detailed engineering drawings in chosen field of expertise. (Electrical Engineering Drawing Production)
Provide advice, innovation and effective technical support to others members of the project teams to assist in the engineering solutions / designs throughout the lifecycle of projects.
· Responsible for preparation of both feasibility and detailed design drawings, relating to the planning and construction of complex Transmission / Distribution projects.
· Responsible for ensuring all team members to perform their duties with a strong emphasis on health, safety, quality and environment compliance and continuous improvement.
· Responsible for the completion of as-built drawing packages in a timeously manner (as allocated by Drawing Office Manager/ Senior Engineer).
· Responsible for the administration of allocated workload.
· Responsible for gathering relevant information to enable the production of accurate drawings.
· Responsible for communication and encouragement of the use of drawing standards and procedures.
· Work to and maintain externally audited QA systems.
· Contribute to the maintenance and upkeep of drawing office databases.
· Contribute to the maintenance an auditable design/design change system to facilitate the accreditation of BS EN 9001.
· Perform all duties with a strong emphasis on health, safety, quality and environment compliance and continuous improvement.
· Responsible for assessment of basic and detailed engineering drawings prepared by other drawing office team members.
· Responsible for providing guidance and support to other drawing office team members in their area of expertise.
· Responsible for site surveys necessary for the production of substation layout drawings, safety clearances and overhead line profiles.
· Responsible for the timely delivery of the workload to the client, ensuring a high standard of client satisfaction.
· Contribute to the review and assessment of drawing documentation and process used with the Drawing Office (under guidance from Senior Engineer).
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
Proven experience and knowledge in
· Electrical Engineering Drawing Production.
· Knowledge of engineering design / health & safety requirements and compliance.
The candidate also must have...
· Good inter-personal / communication skills (verbal and written)
· The ability to form effective working relationships with other individuals, departments and businesses.
· Proficient user of AutoCAD 2015/ Vault / Project wise/ Raster Design 2015 and MS Office suite.
· Good organisational skills to allow the team achieve a high standard of client satisfaction.
· Ability to plan and organise conflicting requirements and meet challenging deadlines.
· Ability to investigate and understand detailed civil, electrical and mechanical aspects of transmission network design or other energy related assets.
Planning & Organising
· Effective time management.
· Plan and deliver agreed actions within project delivery plan.
· Ability to identify and foresee potential design or construction problems, resolve where possible but ability to escalate where necessary.
· Support colleagues as required in development activities and assessments.
· HNC in Electrical Engineering or proven Engineering Experience within Substation Design House.
· Proven experience in AutoCAD 2015, Raster Design 2015 and MS Office suite of applications.
· Proven experienced Substation Designer with knowledge of engineering design / health & safety requirements and compliance in your chosen field (Electrical Engineering Drawing Production.)
· UK driving Licence