Up to £35.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Main tasks and responsibilities will include -
* Produce conceptual and detail mechanical designs for electronic equipment.
* Support structural, thermal and radiation analyses of their designs by specialist engineers.
* Liaise with manufacturing engineers to implement Design for Manufacture.
* Produce manufacturing data and documentation including procurement drawings, assembly drawings and BOMs.
* Approval and release of designs within a PDM system (Windchill).
* Work within the framework of company standards, procedures, and processes and maintain design files for all work undertaken.
* Manage their time in accordance with the overall product schedule.
* Communicate design solutions and detailed knowledge to peers, supervisor and product managers in an effective manner.
Essential requirements -
* Extensive in the use of CAD tools for Mechanical and PCB Design.
* A further education qualification in mechanical engineering or a related discipline. Alternatively, demonstrable experience in the field of mechanical engineering.
* A strong desire to work in the area of electronics packaging for mission critical applications.
* Good written and oral communication skills, including ability to convey ideas and support investigations remotely or across sites.
* Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
Desirable requirements -
* Experience of Catia V5 and V6/3DX VPM mechanical design tool.
* Experience of Mentor Graphics Expedition PCB layout including DxDesigner and CES.
* Experience of Windchill Product data Management tool
* Knowledge of high speed digital and mixed signal physical design.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.