West Midlands, England
Up to £0.00 per day + Negotiable
Rail Technical Team
6 months ago
12 Months +
Our client are a global engineering, construction and project management company who deliver landmark projects that create long-term progress and economic growth. Their expertise includes Infrastructure, Mining & Metals, Nuclear, Security, Environmental, Oil, Gas & Chemicals in 160 countries on all seven continents. The company and culture are built on over a century of leadership and relentless adherence to values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics and integrity.
Reporting to the Information Manager, this role will support a large mobilisation programme in the form of CAD data management and all related activities. The role requires strong CAD skills across many areas of design.
The post holder will be working with the other technical teams in Management Systems/BIM with a particular focus on Technology, CAD and Asset Information.
- Oversight of Supplier CAD data and management or 3rd Party data within the Common Data Environment.
- Liaison with Supply Chain ensuring incoming CAD data is of sufficient quality and to agreed standards to meet BIM objectives.
- Continuous review of shop-floor processes to improve operational efficiency, aligned with other systems and processes such as GIS, and to meet the needs of the long-term programme.
- Assist Information Manager to perform the BIM audit function for the assigned contract area, supporting audits where necessary.
- Support the Information Manager on all aspects associated with 3rd party data delivery and adherence to supplier BIM Execution Plans.
- Assist with the repurpose of data for output and other further uses within the functional team including performing quality assured data translations and transformations between CAD and GIS.
- Communicate early and effectively on the status of work products to the BIM Information Manager and/or project manager.
- Raising awareness of BIM and providing support throughout the organisation.
- Ensure reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety including those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the S.A.F.E programme principles.
- Cooperate with the client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERTISE
- Proven experience working within a large project environment.
- Experience working with common modelling tools from vendors such as Bentley and Autodesk.
- Awareness of the requirements of current BIM strategies and codes of practice (UK Government 2016 strategy, BS1192:2007 etc
- Strong 3D Modelling and data analysis and manipulation skills.
- Understanding of CAD operational processes and the ability to analyse and articulate the impact of proposed changes on these.
- Experience of technical information production within the construction and rail sectors.
- Experience of liaising directly with Supply Chain.
- Experience of working in a high pressure, high data volume environment.
- Courteous, tactful and diplomatic.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are critical.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to perform in a high volume, priority changing environment.
- Ability to use initiative important.
- Ability to work in a team and independently when required.