6 days ago
1. Purpose of the Job
To support in:
* Working with the Project Manager and other team members to analyse and report on the cost status of the works.
* Working closely with Contractors' to assess and analyse the cost status of the works assessing Contractor dashboards and making recommendations where appropriate. Briefing the Project Manager on the cost status of the works.
* Co-ordinating the implementation and day to day operation of the Project Change/Trend Program within their Project. Raises, records and reports Trends. Co-ordinating weekly Trend meetings. Monitoring the timely raising and resolution of Trends. Utilising the Trend Database to progress the resolution of trends via weekly trend meetings at project/site level in order to update the AFC.
2. Principal Accountabilities
* Maintaining the Cost Management database, and checking that forecast and budgeted costs align with cost flows for EV purposes.
* Developing and contributing to the weekly and period reporting requirements.
* Participating in re-forecasts as required by the programme.
* Deploying and implementing the Project Control requirements included in contracts.
* Interfacing with contract administration on contract issues and status of changes. Providing assistance with assessment of changes.
* Participating in the preparation of cost studies utilising historical data, statistical analysis and cost and quantity comparisons. Developing new techniques as required to meet specific needs and within the parameters specified.
* Assisting projects in identifying and assessing changes.
* Participating in and contributing to Value Engineering studies.
* Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Clients Target Zero principles.
* Cooperate with the client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
* Act as a role model for the clients vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with the clients Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
* Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
* Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put the clients information or information systems at risk.
3. Main challenges of the job
* Demonstrating good knowledge of the project scope/schedule and all cost related issues as part of an integrated project team.
* Questioning the availability of alternative options when change is identified to help minimise the effect on cost and schedule.
* Delivering cost information inline with the project reporting timetable as part of a 4 weekly reporting cycle.
* Working closely with team members to help prevent the possibility of cost surprises.