East London, London
Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
Role: Environmental Adviser
Location: Stratford, London
Purpose of the Job
To ensure compliance with our big rail client's environmental requirements by monitoring and promoting contractor performance. This role acts as a key interface between contractors and industry partners working in Sustainability and Consents in the Deputy CEO's team.
* Reviewing and accepting environmental documentation from contractors and industry partner's e.g. (for example the Environment Plan).
* Coordinating environmental issues between multiple contractors and partners.
* Reviewing the Contractors environmental reporting to ensure that it is adequate.
* Ensuring that the Contractor is meeting the Environment Plan and providing feedback to the Project Manager, contractor and Sustainability & Consents.
* Providing training to staff and the contractor's, Industry Partners environmental team in the client's requirements.
* Working with contractors and Industry Partners to identify potential best practice, communicating with Sustainability & Consents to cascade to the wider project and transmitting environmental communications and campaigns.
* Providing key liaison role on environmental consent issues between contractors/industry partners and the environment team in Sustainability & Consents department.
* Carrying out environmental inspections of sites in the central and east London area and carrying out audits of other sites in coordination with EMS audit plan.
* Coordinating the project's response to environmental incidents in the central and east London area and assisting Sustainability & Consents department by carrying out investigations of environmental incidents on others' sites.
* Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Client's Target Zero principles.
*Co-operate with the Client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
*Act as a role model for the Client's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with the Client's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
*Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
*Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put the Client's information or information systems at risk.
Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
*Environment Manager: Undertake joint working with the Environment Manager to ensure that work is undertaken in accordance with the Client's EMS and in relation to audits, inspections and incident investigations.
*Contractors: Close working with environmental professionals working for contractors to monitor and promote contractor environmental performance and compliance with the Works Information.
*Project Managers: Providing environmental expertise and advice.
*Close working with industry partners working within the area to monitor and promote environmental performance, including compliance with the Client's Environmental Minimum Requirements.
*Experienced environmental professional with knowledge of UK Rail and construction operations.
*Professionally qualified to Environmental, Environmental Engineering or Earth Sciences Degree level.
*Substantial work experience, preferably including time on large UK public infrastructure projects.
*Good experience in capacities directly relevant to managing specific environmental aspects of a construction project in an environmental capacity.
*Proven track record in working within a multidisciplinary team.
*Evidence of negotiation and influencing skills with ability to manage key relationships.