Crawley, West Sussex
£45.00 - £52.00 per hour
3 months ago
3 to 6 Months
Embedded C / ANSI C software engineers required to work on the development of the Avionics products, specifically SATCOM products. We are looking for Full Lifecycle C Software Engineers to undertake software architecting and development (the left hand side of the V model). The project is in the development phase and we are looking for skills in front end requirements capture and decomposition to drive the design.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To originate, specify and prove designs to meet project operational requirements.
- To support forward planning activities for project activities and to support the generation of relevant development plans.
- To support the generation of project cost and schedule information and support the review of that data.
- To ensure that project safety and airworthiness requirements are addressed in a manner consistent with company processes.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVAN ABILITY
- Embedded C / ANSI C
- Use of Configuration Management tools e.g ClearCase, Subversion
- Use of Change Control tools e.g. ClearQuest, Jira
- Doors / Trek
- Real time development/debugging experience on embedded targets.
- Agile Software Development
DESIRABLE SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- RTCA DO-178B Software Development
- ARINC 429 / A429
- Application development in MS Windows environment
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK SOFTWARE ENGINEERS WHO HAVE WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO ARE CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)