Up to £503.50 per day
7 months ago
C# SOFTWARE ARCHITECT/ENGINEER
12 MONTHS CONTRACT
PAY £503.50 LTD PER DAY
We are looking for a C# software architect / engineer to work within the ISR (intelligence, surveillance, & reconnaissance) division who has proven ability in C# full lifecycle software engineering design, code, and test. We require someone who has dealt with complex architecture design and systems. This role is working on mission systems software. We require someone who is familiar with agile with a background in ISR platforms to work at both the system and software levels. You will be required to work at the software level to provide solutions for airborne mission management for either the Overseer Program or Platform Program Solutions. The role will include tasks ranging from requirements definition, detailed design, implementation, to the agreed timescales, requirements and standards.
As a DAOS approved organization the Airborne Mission Systems Group is able to provide complete operational support and upgrades to new Airborne Platforms supported by RTN UK including the Sentinel Mission Systems. The role will involve interfacing with the customer on multiple levels and the candidate will be expected to respond to technical queries from both the Customer and RTN UK communities and the software team being managed.
- Software Requirements Definition
- Detailed Design and implement System\Software solutions to support the Airborne aircraft mission systems
- Design and document test strategies
- and procedures
- Ensure software engineers adherence to Design Standards and procedures
- Responsible for personal development of team members
- Responsible for ensuring
- the software product meets the correct standards and customer requirement for delivery
- Liaise with the customer community to understand their issues and concerns
- An able communicator in verbal, written and presentational forms.
- A logical problem solver who can operate effectively under stretching project constraints.
- Demonstrable history of providing programs with software solutions to complex problems that require regular use of ingenuity and creativity
- Self- motivated, self -organising engineer looking to move to the next level and a Team Player
- Proven ability of working within a Scrum development team.
- Professional Microsoft Certification - OO Design\UML - COM/DCOM - Visual Basic - Windows System Administration - Recent experience of using C#, .NET, WPF/NServiceBus -
- UI/UX design - Software Testing (Unit Level and above) - Software Security - SQL Server - Competency with design patterns and SOLID principles
- Proven ability with any of the following would also be considered as beneficial:
- Military comms/datalinks - especially Link16 - MilStd 1553 Serial Communications Protocol - Military avionic systems - Image handling and processing - ArcGIS Runtime for .NET
WE SEEK A C# SOFTWARE ARCHITECT/ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVRIONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)