Up to £39.27 per hour
5 months ago
Manufacturing Buyer Team Lead
A leading manufacturers specialising in the production of electronic devices for the Defence sector are recruting for experienced Team Lead Buyers. Ideally you will be experienced in managing a team of Buyers in a project driven environment.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
The job holder will ensure the timely availability of materials having regard for quality, technical specification, contractual conditions, inventory levels, material management and total acquisition cost. They are responsible for the creation of Purchase Orders and their subsequent delivery, ensuring effective supplier performance and relationship management.
The main relationships managed are with:
CBU Procurement Teams
Procurement Competence Centres
In addition the job holder will regularly interface with:
Bids & Project Management
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Interface with relevant Subcontract Managers and Procurement Bids and Project Managers to ensure requirements are met for Bids and Programmes
- Interface with relevant departments to ensure overall supply requirements are met.
- Support Procurement Competence Centres or CBU Procurement Teams in the development of Category Policies
- Preparation, validation and scheduling of purchase orders to achieve appropriate level of material availability by providing a stable and optimised flow to meet the Master Production Schedule or equivalent plan.
- Identify deviations from the requirement plan, take remedial action as necessary to achieve conformance or minimise necessity for rescheduling.
- Maintain lead time and re-order level information in appropriate systems.
- Conduct all activities in accordance with Chorus processes
- Monitor process efficiency including inventory levels, open order book levels, work queues, lead time increases, unmatched invoices etc.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and reducing time or cost of the end to end supply chain process
Tendering and Negotiation
- Issue Request for Quotations (RFQs) in support of Programme and Bid requirements
- Negotiate purchase pricing and terms and conditions where applicable and where not defined under pre-existing contracts or Category Supplier Frame Agreements
- Flowing down applicable terms and conditions including customer, product or programme specific conditions
- Ensure all acquisitions are in accordance with the applicable Category Policy whether UK PCC or CBU specific.
- Agree schedules with suppliers to optimise delivery flow to production
- To consider responsible and sustainable sourcing to identify and mitigate sustainability and compliance risks where applicable.
- Using the cost benefit tracker, Manage, report and forecast savings in relation to the bids and programmes being supported, and in line with the company reporting schedule.
- Generate and issue Purchase orders utilising the MRPII & Procurement Systems
- Sign and approve purchase orders within Delegation of Authority Limits
- Ensure all PO's reflect any engineering changes, and take into account scrap, re-work and stock levels
- Follow up on POs, registering PO Acknowledgements, checking disparities and letting the Requesting Party know if necessary Dealing with typical disputes with suppliers and escalating major disputes to the relevant stakeholders.
- Dealing with incidents and complaints made by Procurement Requesting Parties
- Ensuring the follow-up of export license requests for Procurement in sensitive situations
Key Performance Indicators
- PPV Savings
- Supplier Performance (Delivery/Quality)
- Requisition to Order Time
- On time to need ( PO placement and supplier delivery to schedule)
- Repair / Replacement Turn Around Time
- Supplier Payment on Time
- System Lead-time maintenance and accuracy
- Inventory levels
- Computer literacy particularly with respect to MS Office packages and MRP systems.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Customer ( internal and end) focus
- An adequate, but not specialist, understanding of the technical and non-technical requirements.
- The jobholder should be delivery orientated while ensuring the budget and all contractual commitments are met.
- Stakeholder Management Skills
- Ability to build effective relationships with Suppliers
- Ethical awareness and the direct application to delivery of role.
- Proactive approach to work and problem solving
- Proven Negotiation Skills
- Technical and Supply Market knowledge of the Procurement categories relevant to the role.
- Relevant experience in procurement or supply chain/manufacturing roles
- Experienced in using MRP/ERP systems such as Oracle or SAP
- Use of Supplier Relationship and Performance Management techniques and measurement
Values & Behaviours:
Works fully consistently with company Values:
- Customer Trust
- Committed to Excellence
- Developing our People
- Agile & Innovative
- One Team, One Thales
- MCIPS Diploma Certificate (level 6), or equivalent qualifications in other disciplines.
- High standards of numeracy and literacy.
If you are interested in the Buyer position, please apply or contact Matthew Crook on 0161 707 1516/