Liverpool, Merseyside, N. W. England, England
£26000 - £30000 per annum
5 months ago
The Commercial Specialist will support the day to day management and growth of Construction related Commercial Agreement(s). The role typically consists of:
? Support the launch of commercial agreements through to expiry and/or replacement to enhance the customer Experience
? Support the drafting of communications plans for all internal and external stakeholders
? Commercial management and compliance to the Commercial Agreement
? Support the on boarding of new customers and suppliers
? Management of suppliers on the Commercial Agreements
? Point of contact for Customer and Supplier queries
? Drive the coordination of Management Information, complete spend analysis to identify trends and spending behavior while providing recommendation and implementing solutions to the benefit of CCS.
? The post may have some line management responsibility to support and develop your direct reports.
Desirable Criteria & skillset:
* A knowledge of working in the Construction Industry, supporting the development of construction related category strategies.
* An understanding of model forms of Contract as used in the Construction Industry, such as NEC, JCT, PPC2000
* The ability to work collaboratively and in partnership with key stakeholders, both internal and external to drive innovation and value for money solutions.
* Experience / knowledge of procurement practices in the public sector
* Track record of dealing with Construction Suppliers, to improve performance across the whole supply chain, including identification and delivery of commercial benefits and innovation opportunities
* Understanding of the end to end supply chains identifying Total Cost of Ownership and supplier associations across multi-tier suppliers and identify improvement opportunities
* Hold, or working towards, MRICS and/or MCIPS accreditation.
? Support a positive health, safety and environment culture, offering improvement suggestions and participating in review of work practices and procedures
? Awareness of Construction Category Management to reduce risk and maximize opportunity
? Evidence of the ability to identify process improvements and successfully manage changes that deliver great Commercial outcomes
? Strong leadership capability, being able to illustrate how to successfully lead a team or manage a project
? Experience of materials management in the Construction / Manufacturing industry
? Experience of leading the tendering activity for Materials contracts
? Proven track record of delivering savings across Materials control function
? Responsible for managing Material stock management and rationalisation to maximize value for money
? Experience of implementing and managing with ecommerce catalogues
? Knowledge/Experience of MRP/ERP and supply chain management
? Well organised, ability to work independently as well as part of a team
? Experience of working in a Transformation programme including challenging the way of work to improve the Customer Experience