Manchester, Greater Manchester
£27000.00 - £34000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
- Responsibility (in conjunction with the Senior Buyers, Procurement Manager and Head of Procurement for the end to end sourcing process associated with the procurement of goods and services and works.
- Manage sourcing processes, including preparing RFP's (request for proposal) and RFQ's (request for quotation). Compile data relating to supplier responses, highlighting inconsistencies and differences and presenting information to enable evaluation of responses. Carry out supplier evaluations and conduct negotiations for designated procurement exercises. Prepare orders in accordance with procurement governance.
- Construct, negotiate, implement and manage supply and service level agreements/contracts that achieve cost, delivery, and quality, innovation, zero harm and service targets as required by the business.
- Work with suppliers and stakeholders to ensure the appropriate management and administration of third party contracts. Develop effective and appropriate relationships with suppliers which promote a continuous performance improvement ethos.
- Support Procurement generally and relevant stakeholder groups in identifying and implementing strategies that enable continuous improvement for the service being provided and which results in Procurement being recognised as a high performing service function.
- Contribute positively to the measurement of team success against financial performance targets (savings) via the implementation of category strategies and procurement activities (competitions, benchmarking, negotiation etc.)
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- 3+ years in a procurement role, ideally with relevant IT category knowledge.
- Knowledge of basic contract law and experience of contract formation and basic contract administration / management.
- Knowledge and experience of tender processes and relevant OJEU regulations (Utilities Contract Regulations 2016)
- The role will require excellent analytical skills, strong commercial awareness, a measured approach to decision making and the ability to ensure best value procurement.
- Experience of cost and price analysis with the associated analytical skills required to evaluate tender responses.
- Demonstrable experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders and the necessary skills required to execute relationships successfully (excellent communication skills, influencing)
- Demonstrable experience of managing an area of spend and the delivery of opportunities associated with this spend is essential
- Experience of basic project management tools (Gantt charts, Flash reports, Risk Registers)
- Office proficient with intermediate PowerPoint, Word and preferred advanced Excel skills.
- MCIPS or studying towards MCIPS is advantageous
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details. Please note - if you have not received any feedback within 5 days, your application was not successful on this occasion.