South East England, England
£35000 - £38000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Electronics Buyer - West London - £35,000 - £38,000
Provide purchasing support for projects and products within the company to enable timely and cost effective delivery from the supply chain and ensure continuity of supply of material to meet business plans.
The Buyer will take ownership of subcontract procurement (predominantly Printed Circuit Board Assembly's) from RFQ and Design, through Qualification and Production.
* Liaise with Engineering, Project Management and Operations to establish and support development & production requirements;
* Action RFQ suggestions, obtain timely quotations and complete quotation analysis in accordance with company policies and procedures;
* Take overall responsibility for all aspects of purchase orders for direct spend, including actioning new purchase order suggestions, generating purchase orders and issuing them to suppliers and managing them through to final delivery, updating the ERP system with the latest date information as required;
* Resolve relevant delivery and invoice discrepancies as required;
* Expedite material to satisfy production schedules, implement appropriate recovery plans and provide timely updates to the Planning team;
* Participate in the evaluation, selection, development and monitoring of suppliers and supplier agreements in accordance with company policies and procedures;
* Reduce overall bill of material and assembly costs by fostering effective communication between supplier and engineering to identify and drive cost reduction activities whilst considering implications on design, raw materials, manufacturing and quality requirements. Report on cost saving activity to the business as and when required.
* Liaise with appropriate stakeholders to formulate, make or buy decisions;
* Action supplier returns for non-conforming products in accordance with Company policies and procedures;
* Utilise purchasing metrics to evaluate supplier performance and drive continuous improvement actions;
* Provide detailed input to monthly Business Performance Review reports;
* Manage Last Time Buys for components according to manufacturer deadlines;
Knowledge, Skills and Experience: Essential:
* Experience of procurement and expediting in an Electronics/ Mechanical environment;
* Experience of buying production items, specifically PCBAs, PCBs and electronic components;
* Extensive experience of working on an ERP system with use of MRP;