Preston, Lancashire, N. W. England, England
Up to £25.00 per annum + .
4 months ago
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join the existing Capital & Construction procurement team, working across the Warton & Samlesbury sites as a Buyer to support the BAE Systems Air Sector business.
The successful candidate will be required to support and manage the end to end procurement process of Construction and Plant & Equipment projects. These projects typically include; key infrastructure upgrades, utilities installation & removal, building refurbishments, office accommodation upgrades, installation of manufacturing plant & equipment and site rationalisation work.
Typically this will require the buyer to work with multiple stakeholders including; engineers, budget holders, SMEs, external suppliers, contractors and consultancies.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
Support and manage the end to end life cycle of the procurement process, including: scope activity, production and management of tenders, conduct negotiations to achieve best value, delivery and payment terms, award and maintain contracts
- Issue tenders using e-RFX systems & assist suppliers to register & use e-RFX systems
- Manage purchase orders on behalf of customers and address associated queries
- Actively identify and deliver savings in support of the Indirect Procurement Services Value Proposition
- Establishing relationships with customers, stakeholders and suppliers and evolving these relationship over time
- Management of a contractor database (including supplier additions)
- Participation in project team meetings
- Undertaking activities in line with BAE Systems policies, processes and charters
- Collate data, generate and update reports as required
- Support customers in resolving issues
- Where required undertake visits to assess potential suppliers
The Successful Applicant:
We are seeking a procurement professional who can demonstrate a track record of success alongside the following:
- Comfortable operating in a team working environment
- Ability to follow and apply governance policies
- CIPS Qualified or working towards
- Competent communicator across a range of stakeholder levels and business areas
- Have a determined, proactive and flexible approach
- Construction / Plant & Equipment procurement experience and/or experience in a manufacturing environment at Buyer level beneficial
- Ability to work under pressure whilst ensuring deadlines are met
- Experience with Word and Excel software
We also look for additional attributes, such as:
- Personable Demeanour, Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills, Data Analysis, Excellent Organisational Skills, Good Business Instincts, Mathematics Skills, Understanding of Supply Chain Management Procedures, Strategic Planning Abilities