Lancashire, N. W. England, England
£25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Job Title: Buyer
This very successful and diverse organisation are investing heavily in their manufacturing sites across the UK as they are keen to maintain both their high performance and key market position. With a controlling percentage of the UK market and a solid customer base they can offer stability and a strong career path.
The successful individual will have a sound understanding of procuring goods, materials and services required to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality, and delivery to ensure continuity of supply. The Purchasing Officer will play a vital role in ensuring that the most cost-effective and appropriate materials are purchased according to established policy and procedure to improve site performance.
- Purchase and expedite delivery of raw materials, equipment, supplies, spare parts, and services to maintain continuous and efficient plant operations.
- Deal with day-to-day internal and external purchasing queries quickly and efficiently
- Process orders efficiently and expedite outstanding orders
- Process invoice queries
- Compile, store and retrieve purchasing records on SAP system
- Assist in special projects and other duties, as assigned
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with external stakeholders and suppliers
- Build and maintain positive working relationships within the business
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Commercial acumen
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Strong computer skills - MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- High Performance
- Innovation & Continuous Improvement
- Either working towards or willing to work towards CIPS qualifications.
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details.