South East England, England
£30000 - £35000 per annum
Vital Bristol Technology
8 months ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services and they are looking for a Buyer to cover locations across the South of England.
- To provide a sustainable, cost effective Procurement service to the operational business units, supporting the Senior Operational Buyer in achieving business objectives
- To work with internal customers to obtain products & services from suppliers which offer value for money, with considerations of quality, service, sustainability and company policy and procedures, under the guidance of the Senior Operational Buyer. To assist the Commodity Team in the progression and implementation of preferred suppliers into the business, supporting the strategic objectives of the Procurement Department.
- Working Hours: 9am - 5pm (This is a mobile role)
- Proactively manage and build appropriate operational relationships with key approved suppliers.
- Challenge costs and ensure value for money on all contract spend. Proactively drive cost reduction through effective negotiation and supplier selection.
- Review all new supplier requests and carry out credit and suitability checks.
- Seek to review and consolidate supplier spend across multiple sites, working closely with the Commodity Leads and other Operational Buyers.
- Manage internal customer relationships with key stakeholders.
- Procurement champion for procurement systems and procurement processes.
- Implement supplier improvement programmes within the contract.
- Provide a flexible responsive customer service.
- Maintain cost saving trackers for the contract.
- Influence and support the transition and implementation from non-preferred to preferred suppliers where possible.
- Carry out preferred supplier operational reviews.
- First point of escalation for supplier issues
- To support the contract teams with the implementation of new contracts, to ensure the provision of a first class service to the customer.
- Integration of BS8903/ISO20400 Sustainable Procurement.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams.
- Provide clear communication lines to ensure that the contract teams are made aware of all strategic initiatives
- Minimise contractual risk by the use of appropriate
- Ability to follow Procurement Processes
- Commercial awareness
- Negotiation skills
- Able to withstand challenge
- Good IT skills including Word and Excel
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Achieved or working towards CIPS
- Able to manage internal customer relationships
- Able to self-motivate
- Has well developed problem solving skills
- Clean driving licence and own transport
- Experience of implementing Sustainable Procurement objectives
- Smart, presentable appearance
- Personable and approachable
- Flexible will work with other trades
- Good communication skills in both verbal and written formats
- Must be willing to undertake further training
- 25 days annual leave
- Family friendly benefits
- Car or car allowance
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.