£0.00 - £21.91 per hour
9 days ago
Morson International is looking for Buyer for BAE Systems in Portsmouth.
To support the BAE Systems Maritime Services business an opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join the existing Indirect Procurement Services (IPS) team working in Portsmouth Naval Base, the home of the Royal Navy.
You will be working as part of an integrated team with links across BAE Systems UK businesses, supporting day-to-day operations and strategic activities.
The successful candidate will be required to manage the end to end procurement process across a range of categories ensuring a high level of customer service is delivered.
Your main responsibilities will involve:
- Manage a number of business requirements across a portfolio of indirect categories
- Provide day-to-day support to sourcing and procurement activities, either through the management of day-to-day routine procurement activities, or by supporting strategic procurement initiatives or projects
- Support implementation of new S2P platform as required, acting as a champion for the business change
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders to determine their needs and ensure that our service offering is maintained/improved
- Review and manage the performance of suppliers/services in line with functional procedures and stakeholder requirements
- Understand the Indirect Procurement Service (IPS) value proposition and contribute to the delivery of the vision and values
- Supervise other IPS team members to ensure that their duties and objectives are fulfilled
Your skills and qualifications:
- Demonstrable track record of Procurement / Commercial acumen
- Demonstrable track record in delivering high levels of stakeholder / customer satisfaction
- Excellent stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills
- A proven track record in change management
- Ability to translate complex procurement guidance into simple, straightforward and practical advice
- Experience of supervising a small team
- Working understanding of tool sets and IT (SAP, Microsoft Office, Excel)
- CIPS Qualified or working towards qualification
Please note, if you haven't received feedback within 14 days of your application you have not been successful on this occasion.