3 months ago
Morson International is looking for Category Buyer for our client based in Edinburgh
You will be part of a Procurement team purchasing commodities to support multiple projects across the business. Typical responsibilities will include;
- Preparation and submission of RfQs
- Review, draft and negotiate contracts incl. T's and C's and tenders for the supply of goods and services
- Maintain and improve the integrity of System Product Data for assigned categories
- Provide guidance and support to the IPT on contractual matters
- Provide commercial insight on assigned categories and proposition proposals for business improvement
- Undertakes and ensures that all negotiations with the Suppliers are professionally conducted.
- Draft and prepare purchase orders, other agreements and internal approvals in line with standard formats, and in line with our MRP system.
- Accurate maintenance of Purchase Order System Data.
- Achieve & maintain Supplier schedule adherence of >90%.
- Report cost savings both gross and net.
- Contributor to cost savings targets.
- Attend Vendor meetings on and off site when required.
- Attend internal IPT meetings where required or appropriate.
- Material/component obsolescence recognition and management.
- Liaison with data analyst for metric reporting
- Functional focal point for customers/suppliers regarding contract and supply chain issues.
- Provide support to corporate procurement initiatives where appropriate
Qualifications and experience
- Previous experience of drafting, negotiating and reviewing goods and service contracts
- A detailed understanding of commercial and legal agreements
- Strong attention to detail around governance and contractual improvements
- Ability to work independently under broad direction, actively managing and prioritising tasks
- Capture and report on contractual risk as needed
- Appropriate qualifications including numeracy (CIPS or legal qualifications preferred)
- A team player, building relationships and managing stakeholders at all levels
- Analytical mind with excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills (written & oral)
- I.T. literate
Recognising restricted nature of work suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance