£0.00 - £25.00 per hour
11 months ago
Morson International is looking for Buyer for our client based in Christchurch , Dorset
As a Buyer your responsibilities will include working with other Procurement staff and assisting the Procurement Lead, Projects and Business Development with:
- Take a leading role in supplier management for a given / range of supplier(s).
- Proactively manage the performance of the suppliers in your control.
- Proactive and sustained engagement in bids, tenders and contracts within the designated area, including close and collaborative working with other functions.
- Lead the creation of contracts to suit the needs of the programme requirements, ensuring flow-down of conditions & requirements as necessary.
- Manage acceptance events for contracts as appropriate.
- Assume responsibility for management of supplier sourcing and selection process.
- Lead negotiations and 'close deals' with supplier representatives within the designated area of the business for all contractual agreements e.g. POs, Licences, Confidentiality Agreements and provide proactive procurement management thereof.
- Ensure application of governance to all Procurement activities as appropriate, including Export Compliance.
- Create and issue purchase orders in support of delivering the project requirements.
- Monitor and manage RFQ responses, expediting as necessary.
- Monitor and manage PO delivery achievement.
- Develop supplier relationships to increase competitiveness and mitigate risk.
- Resolve all queries with suppliers to ensure on time delivery to cost, quality and schedule adherence.
- Develop and agree a negotiating strategy with internal project stakeholders, then lead and negotiate agreements with the suppliers.
- Contribute to ensure suppliers are meeting targets on key performance metrics.
What we are looking for in you:
- Detailed knowledge of Procurement & Supplier Management.
- Knowledge and understanding of terms & conditions in a Defence environment.
- Good business, market and competitor knowledge in order to support/contribute to strategy formulation and growth.
- Experience in similar role within a Defence or secure data/communications environment.
- Experience of Export Control in a Defence environment.
- Experience in use of SAP or similar ERP systems.
- CIPS qualification desirable or a willingness to study for.
You should be able to demonstrate that:
- You have a 'can do' attitude; deliver on commitments within agreed budgets and timescales
- You enjoy team dynamics and contribute to a positive team spirit
- A willingness to work away from your home site for periods of time
- Self-organisation - you'll be good at managing time and conflicting priorities
- You are innovative and able to drive improvement
- You relish taking responsibility for yourself.
Recognising the restricted nature of work, suitable candidates will be SC Cleared or eligible for this level of clearance