£0.00 - £23.36 per hour
3 months ago
Morson International is looking for Buyer for our client based in Barrow In Furness
Delivering procurement activity for the specific item/scope of work assigned, including the execution of the end-to-end procurement process e.g. delivery of information, products and services to quality, cost and schedule requirements. Managing supplier performance and improvement activity, including proactive risk and opportunity management and developing, maintaining and managing stakeholders.
- Plan, control, execute and monitor all in-scope transactional procurement and major subcontracting activity with minimal supervision.
- Develop and agree the procurement strategies for individuals assigned area and lead implementation of plans. Promote cross functional collaboration to ensure full, thorough engagement and buy-in to contracting strategies.
- Undertake and support the team in supplier assessment and due diligence activity to ensure the effective selection of suppliers to meet business needs.
- Adapt approach to ensure that negotiations are concluded for an optimised business outcome.
- Record and report cost savings / cost avoidance and deliver ongoing cost analysis and robust project / contract management.
- Effectively manage sub-contract change.
- Lead the timely identification, analysis and resolution of internal and external issues which may potentially affect the supply of material to programme requirements - escalating only when the context is particularly complex or high risk.
- Update SAP eDMS / Teamcenter with quality, accurate information relating to the procurement activity and in accordance with document management policy and process.
- Undertake the continuous review of supplier performance against quality, cost and delivery metrics to ensure Submarines requirements are met, to secure improvements and to inform future Supply Chain strategy.
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships as appropriate and undertake supplier development activities, with support and, in liaison with Supply Chain strategy team and Supplier Quality Assurance (support the delivery of Supplier Improvement Plans).
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal customers to optimise engagement and communication at all times.
- Contribute to business wide change / improvement projects.
- Delivery of a coherent subcontract document.
- In-depth knowledge of in-scope product / service being managed.
- Knowledge of product nuclear safety and environmental impact.
- Building understanding of the suppliers operation and working with them to optimise their service to the Submarine's business.
- Building understanding of Control Account Management duties.
Recognising the restricted nature of work , suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance