19 days ago
Morson International is looking for Buyer for our client based in Edinburgh
Key Responsibility Areas (to include but is not limited to the following dependent upon business demands)
- Have a sound understanding of Procurement principles, tools and techniques.
- Preparation and submission of RFQs and conduct market price analysis, leading to Source Review Boards
- Provide detailed analysis of supplier quoted pricing to be used in bid submissions and for product cost review boards.
- Establishing compliant contracts with suppliers, involving negotiation of terms and conditions/ SoW which will may include mandatory customer/ government flow-downs.
- Responsible for achieving compliance to internal governance.
- Manage Suppliers through various process Gateways such as design review, production readiness review and regular business reviews. (Lifecycle Management)
- Responsible for the creation of Phase Review deliverables i.e. Procurement Plans to document the procurement strategy for a number of new product introduction (NPI)/ steady state production projects.
- Manage material budget v spend, savings capture and reporting of material estimate to complete (ETC) and monthly revenue forecasting
- IPT point of contact for customers/ suppliers regarding supply chain issues.
- Responsible for the creation of internal reports such as procurement traffic light/ SOFT reports to presented at reviews as required.
- Provide support to other functional teams in relation to supplier development activity i.e. capability and capacity reviews/ relationship management.
- Management of internal stakeholders such as Project/ QA/ Engineering/ M& SC.
- Conversion of requisitions and accurate maintenance of Purchase Order system data on SAP; OTD; Overdues; Acknowledgements and other DPP KPI's
- React to component obsolescence and mitigate risk where applicable i.e. last time buy.
- Understand supplier technical road maps and investment plans
This is an office based role using display screen equipment working full time hours. As part of this role infrequent travel possibly both in the UK and abroad may be required.
Successful candidate will be BPSS cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.