High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
5 months ago
Buyer - High Wycombe £32,000 - £38,000
The Procurement department takes responsibilities for the materials element of the product/project life cycle and for the provision of a robust and efficient supply and inventory management solution, maximising value for the business. Responsibilities will include:
* Validation of Purchase Requisitions and negotiation with vendors (where required) to ensure the best quality, cost and delivery (QCD) performance is achieved.
* Timely issue and expediting of Purchase Orders in accordance with company procedures and processes to ensure the best possible terms with respect to QCD and risk mitigation are achieved and therefore, reduce the total cost of ownership (TCO). Obtaining written order acknowledgements against all PO's in a timely manner will be instrumental to the procurement process.
* Utilise competitive tendering wherever product design and/or time constraints allow.
* To implement effective supplier relationship management (SRM) with strategic/key vendors.
* To measure and report vendor QCD performance, implement improvement plans and implement corrective actions for unsatisfactory performance.
* Identify opportunities for spend-leverage with suppliers wherever possible.
* Assist is the selection of new suppliers via a common set of criteria and scoring matrix.
* Support procurement department objectives and KPI's and be instrumental in supporting their achievement.
* Support the timely return of any defective material deliveries to respective vendors and procure replacement materials in accordance with company procedures and processes whilst minimising any impact on project milestones.
Liaise with Production, QA and Programmes to ensure product and service quality levels are maximised.
In order to apply you must have had buying experience ideally within a defence or aerospace industry and be IT literate.