£28000.00 - £32000.00 per annum
7 months ago
Buyer - Portsmouth £28,000 - £32,000
Reporting into the Supply chain manager you will be responsible for:
1. Ensures and maintains an effective and timely order management and acknowledgement system supported by appropriate KPI's.
2. Ensures an effective system of vendor management to support f/c promise credibility, effective expediting and timely delivery (O.T.I.F) of all purchased products.
3. Sets up and manages appropriate supply methods to minimize inventory holding (i.e consignment agreements) and provide effective line side (JIT) delivery (i.e Kanban)
4. Receives and reviews requisitions for accuracy confers with departmental representatives to determine specific needs, taking into account budget allocations, market conditions and availability.
5. Prepares and reviews departmental workload statistics advises the Department head regarding the proper allocation of commodity assignments to buyers, and monitors the work of buyers and support staff.
6. Researches sources of supply by reading current periodicals and product literature, interviewing marketing representatives and evaluating sample products to support business systems.
7. Investigates sensitive or unusual issues or complaints regarding vendors/products provides guidance and assistance to vendors and County departments reviews, analyzes, and interprets legislative data pertinent to procurement.
8. Interprets departmental policies and regulations governing purchasing activities and the awarding of contracts.
In order to apply for this role you will need to be studying CIPS or have equivalent experience be a strong communicator and able to manage suppliers expectations.