£25.00 - £30.00 per hour
25 days ago
Morson International is currently looking for Buyer our client based in Portsmouth
- Ensures and maintains an effective and timely order management and acknowledgement system supported by appropriate KPI's.
- Ensures an effective system of vendor management to support f/c promise credibility, effective expediting and timely delivery (O.T.I.F) of all purchased products.
- Sets up and manages appropriate supply methods to minimize inventory holding (i.e consignment agreements) and provide effective line side (JIT) delivery (i.e Kanban)
- Receives and reviews requisitions for accuracy; confers with departmental representatives to determine specific needs, taking into account budget allocations, market conditions and availability.
- Prepares and reviews departmental workload statistics; advises the Department head regarding the proper allocation of commodity assignments to buyers, and monitors the work of buyers and support staff.
- Researches sources of supply by reading current periodicals and product literature, interviewing marketing representatives and evaluating sample products to support business systems.
- Prepares complex requests for bid and contacts vendors for bid quotations; analyzes bids received; issues purchase orders; prepares and monitors contracts, outlining performance standards, tolerances, warranties, and maintenance requirements.
- Provides technical support and conducts training for staff.
- Works with departments within the business to become acquainted with their specific needs; notifies departments of new products and arranges for samples and demonstrations.
- Investigates sensitive or unusual issues or complaints regarding vendors/products; provides guidance and assistance to vendors and County departments; reviews, analyzes, and interprets legislative data pertinent to procurement.
- Interprets departmental policies and regulations governing purchasing activities and the awarding of contracts.
- Reviews procedure manuals and training materials to ensure that changes in law, policy, and procedure are properly reflected in all the Purchasing Department's published materials. Assists the Head of Scheduling & Logistics in the production of training materials and presentations.
- Acts as Head of Department in his/her absence and performs other administrative tasks as required.
Theory and practices of purchasing, including effective vender management techniques , KPI's, ethics, standards, bid preparation and evaluation, competitive bidding procedures, quality control; data collection techniques for establishing sources of supply, product, and vendor information; market research techniques; general law of contracts; statistical analysis; accounting and budgetary controls; office procedures; use of office automation to assist in the purchasing function; general computer applications used in business, such as spreadsheet, data base, word processing software.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a basic disclosure certificate prior to the commencement of the contract