8 months ago
Buyer - Luton - 12 month FTC
Working into the senior buyer you will be responsible:
- A successful Buyer will be responsible for working closely with the Senior Buyer to source special items in line with specification
- Receiving the technical requirements from engineering, then identifying/initiating an approach to suitable suppliers (existing or new)
- Managing the ongoing purchase and delivery of the required products or services. - This will include arranging and managing the dispatch/collection documentation, packaging and shipping of items to meet the needs of the project.
- Export/Import classification of technical data associated with the project. - Advise on quality requirements, making sure we are clear on requirements for flight / non flight requirements.
- Supporting FAI/ supplier audits
- Maintain a system to track what materials have what approval so the data is available - Compliance with Environmental, Health and Safety Legislation and Company's Policies.
In order to apply for this role you will need to be CIPS qualified or equivalent and have extensive experience of buying within a manufacturing environment ideally aerospace.