Up to £20.00 per hour
7 months ago
We currently have an opportunity for a Buyer working for a client within the defence industry who are based in Bristol. The role is working in the Marine Sector and will be working on a range of exciting design, manufacture and support projects. This part of the business works with a number of key clients domestically and internationally and is based at a number of sites in the UK and overseas. The business continues to win new work and grow at a significant pace, as a result we are recruiting for talented, enthusiastic and driven people.
The role will involve providing support to the Marine and Technology Supply Chain within their capability and/or level of experience complying with corporate, and regulatory and legislative requirements.
The provision of Goods and/or Services for the Company at the best total acquisition cost, consistent with the specified technical, quality assurance and delivery requirements. Timely, high quality, best value bought-out finished supplies, raw materials, and services are critical to the success of this business.
Buyers represent the Company commercially to their specified level of commercial and financial delegation.
- Ensuring all Contracts within the individual's authority meet the company's Commercial, Health and Safety policies and procedures and are compliant within the legal entity that they are being placed.
- Ensuring appropriate Contract Terms and Conditions are applied to all Contracts (including Sub-Contract and Purchase Orders) placed. This shall include the consideration, negotiation and agreement of Terms and Conditions with suppliers, within the individual's authorised commercial and financial delegation.
- To source, process and place Contracts in sufficient time to meet the required delivery date, ensuring that the best total acquisition cost is achieved, consistent with the specified technical, quality assurance and delivery requirements. It is recognised that requirements may be identified by the Business teams at short notice or within agreed lead times or Supply Contract agreements, where this is the case Buyers are expected to endeavour to meet the needs of the business whilst ensuring that all corporate, regulatory and legislative requirements are complied with.
- Assist with the development and negotiation of Contract Terms and Conditions under the guidance and direction of the appropriate responsible manager.
- Monitor the performance of suppliers relevant to their transactional activity or as directed by the Senior Buyer or appropriate responsible manager, ensuring Contract terms are monitored and performance is communicated to suppliers as necessary to ensure continued or improved satisfactory performance levels are achieved, as part of the continuous improvement of vendors.
- Implement best practice supplier development and management principles ensuring Contract performance is communicated and maintained to the satisfaction of key stakeholders.
- To work with Project Managers to develop goods and service supply programmes for overhaul, build and support packages based upon technically driven demand planning forecasts.
- Analysing procurement spends and seeking to introduce the most cost effective procurement route to suit each circumstance or group of circumstances. This shall include the consideration of innovative contracting approaches where appropriate, delivering realisable benefit to the business at an acceptable level of risk.
The role will involve interfacing with Internal Departmental Colleagues and Line Management as well as External Suppliers / Customer Representatives up to Director level
Qualifications and Experience;
- Minimum of GCSE passes in Mathematics and English at Grade 'C' or higher or equivalent. Hold or working towards Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply - Level 4 or CIPS Business Practitioner Corporate Award, or equivalent relevant qualification.
- The Buyer should have an appropriate level of knowledge in supply chain and procurement of goods/services. They must demonstrate a basic knowledge of good business practice.
- A Buyer must demonstrate a willingness to work in different areas of the site to gain experience.
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements and may be required to complete a medical assessment.
Please note the pay rate is a LTD pay rate of £20.00 per hour.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.