Up to £0.00 per annum
3 months ago
JOB TITLE Buyer
DEPARTMENT Production Procurement
* Understand the service and or goods that are or will be required by the company.
* Select appropriate suppliers from existing approved suppliers that can deliver goods or services in accordance with the company requirements for quality, cost and delivery.
* Establish appropriate contracts to deliver the goods or and services that meet the business needs.
* For development contracts you will be responsible for project managing the contract through to timely completion ensuring compliance to contract condition.
* Drive and direct critical activities with your suppliers to ensure on time delivery of goods and or services to the correct contract conditions.
* Identify and manage risks and issues within contract.
* Maintain and have available accurate and up to date contract documentation, negotiating and incorporating any applicable contract changes.
* Monitor and review targeted and actual performance, (Delivery, quality, and cost), with your suppliers
* Maintain appropriate contact with relevant stakeholders and seek to develop an effective relationship with them during the course of the work or project being discharged.
* Understand future business needs as they affect their suppliers - specifically future cost and lead time reduction targets.
* Establish good working relationships with your team, other members of the Directorate, other areas of the business, and suppliers with which you interact.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Good communication skills (written and verbal) including the ability to influence internally and externally and solve problems using own initiative or on occasion by seeking assistance.
* Advanced team working skills and capable of co-ordinating of some multi-functional team activity.
* Computer literate (knowledge of SAP would be an advantage).
* Relevant procurement or commercial experience.
* Have and maintain a valid driving licence.
* Able & willing to travel alone or as part of a team within the UK and overseas.
* Aware of & willing to abide by the attached Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply professional code of ethics.
If you are interested, please call me for further information or email your CV with your availability.