Salary: Competitive salary + excellent benefits scheme
Buyer are expected to provide professional Procurement support as part of a cross functional team to sourcing projects typically ranging from £5k to £5M in value across a broad spectrum of spend areas. Administrative tasks include the placement and approval of Purchase Orders, dealing with invoice queries, management of department records etc. Project support will include the review of project specifications of work, development of procurement strategies, development of tender documents and management of ITT's, detailed analysis of tenders, leading commercial negotiations and the drafting, approval, implementation post-award management of commercial contracts.
- Protect the company's commercial, business and legal interests
- To comply with all legislative, regulatory and Company policy standards and procedures e.g. safety, quality, risk, security etc.
- Organisation of own work with limited reference upwards. Where applicable, anticipate and deal with arising issues according to procedures and laid down parameters, re-route tasks and monitor them.
- Procurement Delivery - Responsible (and accountable to the Procurement Manager) for the acquisition of goods and services.
- Responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of the business's procurement data held on SAP.
- Finance Shared Services Centre - resolve invoice queries, parked invoices when required.
- Ensure that efficient commercial contract management is conducted.
- Evaluate requisitions, liaising with project managers to ascertain that the specifications clearly describe the requirements, formatting data to ensure appropriate presentation.
- Determine the most appropriate form of contract / purchase conditions to ensure orders are placed in accordance with IchemE
- Develop and prepare formal tender documents, select appropriate suppliers and relevant terms and conditions of contract to ensure the company's legal, commercial and safety requirements are met.
- Responsible for the provision of information to maintain procurement plan.
- Proactively look to improve the systems in the working area utilising best practice.
- Degree (or equivalent)
- CIPS qualified
- IchemE contract form experience preferred
- Negotiation skills
- Stakeholder management and relationship building
- P2P Process knowledge
- Robust communication and influencing skills
- Knowledge of SAP Procurement modules
- Contract Law knowledge and understanding of contractual risk
For further information please contact Jack Dawkins on / 01617-.071-.516