£18 - £24 per hour
7 months ago
We are currently working with a specialist engineering and construction Contractor who are actively looking for the services of a Buyer to join their procurement team based out of offices in Warrington.
As a Buyer you will be required to support project delivery and work winning tenders as required. The role will be primarily focused on subcontract procurement with some additional involvement in materials procurement.
Main roles and responsibilities are to include;
- Provide market competitive procurement solutions for the operating unit which demonstrate best overall value for money.
- Provide an effective and professional procurement service covering: Work winning supply chain selection for Bid Leader, Managing ITT process.
- Construction stage project procurement for Project Leader, including: - Supporting the production and driving of the procurement schedule, Supporting the development of work package documents in conjunction with project teams, Work package procurement (ITT process through to recommendation), Placing orders, Ensuring performance reviews are carried out
- Support the regional supply chain management activities, including structuring the supply chain, carrying out performance and relationship management to drive improved performance/cost benefits
- Support activities that generate and encourage an efficient, productive and continuously improving supply chain performance
- Support the group procurement functional goals and objectives within the business unit
- Ensure supplier evaluation forms and risk assessments are maintained
Applicants must have;
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of work practices, processes and procedures within the construction process from pre-construction stage and into construction stage.
- MS package knowledge (e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, MS Project)
- Knowledge of sustainability within procurement practices
- Existing business network and relationships with the supply chain.
- Product and supplier knowledge relevant to the regional operating unit.
- Working knowledge of contracts
- Time management skills
For more information on this role, please contact Scarlet Wilson on 01617071516.