about 2 months ago
Salary: Competitive Salary + Extensive Benefits
Support to the development of category planning and strategic sourcing by undertaking tactical buying within a strategy defined by the relevant senior buyer and/or category manager, or in line with business partner requirements to deliver value to the client. Builds skills and technical capabilities to transition into Senior Buyer roles.
- Apply standard Procurement/strategic sourcing processes to purchases as defined by Senior Buyers/Category Managers from RFx, through supplier selection to order placement and completion. Liaises with Senior Buyers to assess if requirements can be fulfilled by existing or extended contracts.
- Active contribution to the ongoing development of functional capabilities to ensure value delivery is sustainable in the long term and functional effectiveness and efficiencies is improved on a continual basis.
- Undertake as defined, personal development plans and education requirements to transition to the role of Senior Buyer within agreed timeframes.
- Ensure accuracy of data and documentation recorded in key systems to enable compliance and adherence to policies as well as enable efficient P2P processing, focusing on PR/PO placement to improve spend visibility.
- Support Senior Buyers and Category Managers in the development of category plans by undertaking bespoke pieces of research/investigation and offering insights to support strategy development.
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships, monitoring performance of suppliers to meet their needs and ensuring Procurement service provision achieves the required standards of services.
- Degree (or equivalent)
- Working towards CIPS qualification (or equivalent)
- Experience of working in a commercial procurement role.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Stakeholder management and relationship building.
- P2P Process knowledge.
- Robust communication and influencing skills.
- Knowledge of SAP Procurement modules.
- Contract Law knowledge and understanding of contractual risk.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge of key technical competencies relating to procurement transactional planning, commercial contract management and supplier relationship management.
For further information please contact Jack Dawkins on 01617-.071-.516