High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
3 months ago
Morson International are recruiting a Buyer on behalf of our prestigious Aerospace and Defence client. This is a 6 month contract.
Purpose of Role:
Purchase goods, materials and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
To ensure the company receives value for money on all purchases, benchmarks and manages suppliers to achieve optimal delivery. Works to improve Quality, cost and delivery.
* To assist in achieving an agile, robust, approved vendor base at a level focused on technological improvement and reduction of cost.
* To assist project delivery as determined by project milestones, for the on-time-in-full delivery of materials and services.
* To ensure MRP data is accurate, maintain accurate part and supplier MRP data including lead-times, cost and supplier evaluations
* To assist in developing ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement.
* To support departmental KPI requirements.
* Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
* Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate and supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
* Monitor market trends and market suppliers
* Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
* Deliver briefs, updates and reports when required
* Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities
* Explore alternate sources for goods and materials
* Support procurement department objectives and KPI's and be instrumental in supporting their achievement.
* Support the timely return of any defective material deliveries to respective vendors and procure replacement materials in accordance with company procedures and processes whilst minimizing any impact on project milestones.
Skills, Qualification and Experience:
* Experience of establishing and managing sub contracts in key projects within the defence domain
* Proven experience working within procurement as PPM or similar role
* Commercial acumen with a good understanding of terms and conditions and the ability to draft and develop sub-contract documentation
* Strong IT skills, especially in Microsoft Office
Due to the nature of this role, successful candidates will be required to gain security clearance.