Up to £22.00 per hour
10 months ago
BAe Systems have a requirement for a Buyer to undertake the below contract role.
- Procurement of Spares for in service submarines
- Processing of requisitions to obtain requests for quotes from suppliers
- Processing quotations to obtain agreement from customer
- Producing and issuing purchase orders to suppliers
- Expediting order book to ensure adherence to forecast delivery dates
The following activities are typical of work to be carried out (in full or part) with the appropriate level of guidance and support dependent upon the individuals level of development and capability.
All tasks must be performed with a right first time ethic in order to meet business-wide Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People principles.
* To be able to access and apply, with support/supervision, specific Quality Management System documentation and to comply with Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) rules and control measures.
* Ensure completeness and quality of information, and arrange checking of work by appropriate team members where necessary.
* Demonstrate awareness of risk and opportunity management to address low impact risks within specific scopes of work.
* Update business systems, document management systems and data sources to provide a single point of truth for stakeholders.
* Communicate with internal and external stakeholders - resolve routine problems and escalate when necessary.
* Support continuous improvement / process improvement opportunities and Learning from Experience activity.
* Support audit activity as required