10 months ago
Buyer; 6 month contract; Weymouth
Our client is looking for a Buyer who will be responsible for delivering an excellent and timely purchasing function. Ensuring that KPI's of cost, quality and delivery are met to support business requirements, enabling the business to fulfil customer requirements.
Your key responsibilities will be to;
* Review MRP outputs and action accordingly, including sourcing, quotation, order placement, progression and escalation as required.
* Prepare for and attend supplier meetings to review performance, discuss opportunities and address concerns.
* Review and resolve shortages, late deliveries, non-conformances or other supply chain related issues.
* Maintain departmental data in order to support production and analysis of KPI's.
* Daily liaison with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
* Update MRP system with latest dates and comments as advised by suppliers.
* Ensure existing policies and procedures are followed particularly with regard to quality requirements.
* Prepare for and attend internal meetings as may be required to support business objectives.
Full driving license, ability to obtain MOD security clearance.
Suitable for someone who is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups. Knows how 'businesses work', knowledgeable in current and future policies, practices, trends, technology and knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace. A desire to persue personal development opportunities.
Qualifications / skills required;
Electronics experience a must and highly desirable and our client requires candidates from a manufacturing background.
* Good working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems and Microsoft Office
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* Competent with review, manipulation and analysis of data.
* Self-motivated with the ability to understand the wider business context.
* CIPS/MCIPS qualification
Morson are acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy.