Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£250 - £300 per day
6 months ago
Business Support Specialist
To seek out and secure on behalf of the client, contract and supplier arrangements that provide goods and services necessary for efficient and sustainable operation of the business. To apply specialist knowledge in a particular business management or category group, enabling the delivery of strategic procurement and effective post contract management.
- Manage complex contracts, business processes or technical activities to achieve the most efficient and effective delivery of goods, works and services.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders to understand future business strategies and maintain up to-date supply and demand plans.
- Collect, review, analyse and maintain business, contract and supplier performance data and use it to support contract delivery
- Manage customer and supplier relationships for relevant specialist areas.
- Manage the day-to-day governance of spend in relevant category or business areas.
- Manage the development of commercial strategies to better incentives reliable supplier performance and drive supplier performance development programmes and sourcing activity effectiveness.
- Identify and implement quality and efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Manage the engagement and development of individuals and of the team.
- Manage and comply with company procedures to provide appropriate resources, communication strategies, training, and competency and evaluate fitness of staff to safely deliver their accountabilities.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Able to lead a team and motivate team members.
- Extensive knowledge of the supply chain and the relevant supply contracts.
- Experience of contract and supplier management.
- Excellent numerical and analytically skills.
- Commercial and negotiation skills.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Good interpersonal, influencing, communication and organisational skills.
- A customer focused approach.
- Strategic outlook, including the ability to fully analyse options and drive delivery of recommendations.
- Understanding and application of best practice supply chain management within relevant markets.
- Proven experience of managing 3rd party supplier relationships as well as relationships with key internal stakeholders.