Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Up to £18500.00 per annum
Sam Mabbott B.Soc Sci
5 months ago
Temp to Perm
Our client is looking to recruit a Business Support Administrator to work in their offices in Milton Keynes.
The role is initially available on a contract basis but the successful candidate will be offered the opportunity to be considered for a permanent position within a 3 Month period.
The main duties of the role will be
- Part of the front of house team at waterway offices, ensuring that all enquiries are managed in a friendly, helpful, professional and conscientious way.
- Produce accurate and timely communication for our customers for example, through telephone calls, notice boards, post, email, social media and our website.
- Coordinate the organisation of events and functions within the waterway, for both internal and external customers.
- Cash handling for licences, electric cards, laundry and lockages.
- Provide administration services for the waterway including managing the post, booking meetings, organisation of occupational health visits, training, building management and equipment servicing.
- Produce accurate and clearly presented reports that support the needs of the business.
- Maintain accurate and well organised systems of records that are easily retrievable.
- Use SAP to provide financial and administration services to the waterway, to ensure effective ordering of materials and supplies, to work with notifications and other financial processes.
- Provide support to ensure the effective running of welcome stations around the waterway
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- NVQ Level 2 Business Administration.
- GSCE in Maths and English.
- Some knowledge of working safely.
- Some budget management experience.
- Some experience in SAP.
- Proven experience in a customer service area, providing "front of house" services.
- Proven experience of administration.
- Some experience of working as or with volunteer(s).
- Communication skills that allow you to inform, help and advise customers clearly and professionally and liaise with other professionals.
- Ability to deal with difficult and potentially confrontational situations.
- Confident in the use of the MS Office word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Confidence, patience, politeness, tact and diplomacy, when addressing customer enquiries
- Ability to work well under pressure.
The role is available immediately so please apply today.