13 days ago
Our client a leading Energy Company are currently recruiting for a Business Planning Analyst on a contract basis based in Glasgow.
Working within Programme Management, the role of the Business Planning Analyst will report directly to the Programme Manager. To support the delivery of significant business improvement projects (both IT and non-IT), within the Process & Systems Centre of Excellence. Providing financial and business case analysis to support project approval across a large portfolio of process and systems-based projects. Tracking progress, monitoring delivery and providing accurate management information for use by the Centre of Excellence Management Team and P&T Director.
* Responsible for monitoring and reporting on financial performance against project deliverables
for a wide portfolio of projects within the Centre of Excellence group.
* Maintain the systems ownership and responsibilities model. Understand future IT
systems and changes and how these impact on the model by maintaining both 'as is' and 'to be'
* Responsible for the analysis of data required to develop improved IT models as part of the
overall data improvement programme.
* Facilitate planning sessions and workshops to assist with the development of projects and help
to create detailed project plans using Microsoft Project.
* Assist with understanding business needs to be met through delivery of IT and Non-IT change
* Assist with ensuring multiple projects are delivered to time and quality required through the
monitoring of project deliverables, status reports and adherence to governance processes.
* To assist in the co-ordination and internal stakeholder management of projects and to assist in
managing overlaps, dependencies and risks.
* The monitoring and tracking of budgets and the control of purchase orders and approvals within
the Centre of Excellence.
Skills and Requirements
Ideally you will have experience of monitoring financial and performance metrics against project
Experience of working in a multi-project environment with time constrained and sometimes conflicting deadlines would be an advantage.
Experience of facilitating planning sessions and workshops in a project environment is desirable.
Competence in the use of Microsoft Project is essential and Microsoft Sharepoint experience would be an advantage.