Crawley, West Sussex
Up to £400.00 per day
13 days ago
Business Intelligence Specialist
Location: Crawley, East Sussex
Duration: 5 Months
Rate: £400.00 per day
Our client require a Business Intelligence Specialist to join their Business Analyst team on an initial 5 month contract basis.
- Support and evolve the Business Intelligence capability throughout the business
- BI / Analytics report design and requirements capture
- Dashboard design, development and deployment
- Project management - including planning workpackages and business interaction.
- Development of analytics reports and dashboards for business consumption.
The role reports to the UK Head of data management. As a member of the Business Analyst team you will deliver and support application reporting services that are "best in class" to support the needs of the various businesses and functions.
- To use industry standard Business Intelligence development techniques to be able to capture requirements and develop solutions to business issues.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
Member of the Business Analysis team:
- Manage and run business workshops and 121's to understand the business report, dashboard and data requirements.
- Development of exciting and innovative dashboards and reports for business use across all of the UK businesses and functions
- Integrate with key internal programmes and workstreams
- Agree and manage functional reporting requirements through the various reporting toolsets used in within the business, ensuring that critical business information is available in a timely and accurate manner.
- Capture, triage and delivery of business requirements through process analysis, initial solution design through to delivery.
- Support business to adopt common processes and common toolsets.
- Strong background of dashboard and reports requirements capture
- Able to translate business requirements into documented designs
- Broad experience of a number of reporting tools - Tableau, Power BI, Cognos Analytics
- Broad experience of data modelling and report design and development
- Established Business Analysis skills to identify business reporting need and determine solutions
- Ability to be able to deliver training material, process briefings, requirements capture, etc. to small and large audiences.
- Recognise the importance that data and data integrity play in managing a business and the tools that support the process.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent skill level in common office tools (MS office suite etc).
- Involvement in business transformation activities
- Dashboard and report development
- BI requirements capture and translation from requirement to delivery
- Understanding/Empathy with Business Change/User Change impacts of IS changes
- Good all round knowledge of business structures and processes. How businesses work and how they use toolsets to promote efficiency
- Broad IT Knowledge (IS strategy, infrastructure, architecture, security and service management)
- Design to implementation methodologies, preferably gained through practical experience.
- Understanding of project management principles and processes.
- Good technical knowledge of commonly used business applications (ERP, PLM etc).
- Project management experience