Up to £190.17 per day
19 days ago
We are looking for a Business Facing Accountant to work for a defence company in Aberdeen. Reporting to the Business Facing Finance Manager, you will act as a deputy to support and accurately report on the financial performance of specific contracts within Aviation, to work closely with contract managers and other functions, routinely challenging the numbers and provide financial support to relevant bids as appropriate.
Key outputs/deliverables will be:
- Monthly reconciliation of order book for relevant contracts
- Preparation and collation of financial information for contract review documents, and presentation of information at these monthly reviews, addressing outputs (e.g. risk register changes) as part of contract financial models
- Preparation of contract estimated actual costs of completion (EAC's)
- Completion of Balance Sheet reconciliations for all relevant contracts
- Preparation of short term cash forecasts, including working capital analysis and basis of WIP calculations
- Presentation of financial information for management accounts, forecasts, budgets, strategic plan etc.
- Perform the role in line with the Group's corporate governance policies, processes and procedures including those relating to Health and Safety and IAMM
- Review and ensure customer billing is in line with contract. Provide support and direction to resolve issues as required.
- Maintain and deploy the Delegation of Authority in line with policy.
- Prepare and collate information required for customer review.
- One off financial projects as and when they occur.
- Support the contracts with strong forecast organic growth and provide ad hoc support to other bids.
- To own and manage detailed financial models for each relevant contract, updating for budget & forecast processes, including balance sheet assumptions, and ensuring the financial integrity of these models
- To produce detailed contract reporting and support contract managers to understand variances and make effective decisions based on this information
- To provide financial input into the month end process for each relevant contract, preparing journal inputs and balance sheet reconciliations for key balance sheet accounts as appropriate
- To provide detailed variance analysis for contract movements, including variances against budget, forecast and monthly fluctuations, driving and owning the financial performance within relevant contracts
- To support bids and rebids where appropriate, and assume responsibility for integrity of financial data used in bid models and submissions (at all stages of the bid process), ensuring compliance with Group bid policies at all times
- Processing contract change requests in terms of finance input and sign-off, working closely with commercial and operational colleagues
- Act as primary finance owner of:
- Fixed assets, including governance over authorisations for additional capex
- Stocks, including all appropriate controls in line with Group policy framework
- Preparation of business cases for all operational expenditure of material value
- Financial input and support into new contract implementations
- Act as primary contact for customer and contract manager where financial queries arise (including internal customers, e.g. Group Reporting or Transactions teams)
- Primary point of contact for internal and external auditors in their review of contract performance and associated data
- Assist where required in the implementation of new Group policies
- Ensure key financial controls are in place and operating effectively in all new operating systems and processes and drive process improvements across the contracts
- Assist where required to provide information for customers, e.g.:
- Production and maintenance of gainshare calculations
- Operational modelling support to contracts
- Production of customer accounts as required
- Work in collaboration with other process owners to ensure the full end to end process is maintained as a consequence of any changes adopted.
- Focus on pricing of profitable amendments to deliver organic growth from the contracts pipeline
- Drive cost savings through contract efficiencies through close collaboration with key personnel
- Ensuring the Business Processes provide effective controls whilst meeting the demands of the business and any regulatory body.
- Deliver requirements set within the Service Level Agreements.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Recognised professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, ACMA)
- Ability to understand and manipulate data to present clear and concise financial messages for review.
- Ability to ensure deadlines are achieved or surpassed.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of industry and regulatory standards
- Ability to engage effectively with all Business Unit stakeholders.
- Self-starter able to define and satisfy the demands of stakeholders and customers of the process through consolidation of information, interpretation of the results and the presentation of the results in a manner that supports and challenges the business.
- Adopts a customer-centric approach to delivery of service.
- A demonstrable team player with an ability to help motivate those working with them.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence and negotiate to ensure key decisions, deadlines and targets are met.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Data analysis skills in support of a continuous improvement operating model.
Previous business partnering experience is essential.
Experience with Leasing and able to complete an EAC from scratch
Previous experience within Manufacturing/Oil and Gas
High level Excel capability
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy