US$60000.00 - US$90000.00 per annum
10 days ago
Our client is actively seeking a top Business Enterprise Tax Manager.
This position reports directly to our Tax Senior Managers and Directors and works collaboratively with the members of our expanding tax team. The Tax Manager performs and reviews enterprise tax compliance engagements, tax planning, and tax provisions for public and private clients. Enterprise engagements include but are not limited to the following: corporate taxation, consolidated returns, S-Corporation taxation, partnership taxation and state and local tax matters.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for leadership, learning and career advancement to the right candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects while effectively controlling time and expenses.
- Provide and develop tax planning techniques for clients while addressing client needs and seeking new opportunities for existing and potential clients make recommendations for appropriate additional services.
- Plan and coordinate corporate, partnership, and S-corporation tax compliance engagements.
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual income tax provisions identify and document uncertain tax positions.
- Manage the delivery of a full range of international tax services and advise U.S. and foreign multinational companies on the tax implications of their international operations.
- Assist clients with management of federal and state tax audits and negotiate tax positions.
- Interact closely with the client and their advisors.
- Perform and review technical tax research, analysis, and written memorandum.
- Responsible for project management as well as resource scheduling and management.
- Offer ongoing status updates to management and to the engagement team.
- Ability to reason and effectively multi-task. Strong communication skills with the ability to apply to understand to carry out and to give instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Recognize complex technical issues, reach appropriate conclusions and apply authority to support conclusions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work responsibilities to meet deadlines. Ability to complete work in an effective and accurate manner.
- Responsible for leading a team of senior and staff level positions and ensure proper execution of assignments.
- Provide staff and seniors with leadership, counseling and career guidance.
- Possess a strong background in engagement management and know how to manage all aspects of client accounts.
- Participate in mentoring, training, recruiting, retention and team-building activities.
- Present internal and external training and seminars on technical issues.
- 5-10 years of enterprise entity compliance and advisory skills.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local tax laws.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Accounting. Advanced degree preferred.
- CPA certification required or other professional certification relevant to specialized services areas.
- Experience with tax preparation and research software required - Go Systems, BNA Income Tax Planner, GoFileRoom, BNA Bloomberg and Checkpoint desired.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Hands-on experience with review and preparation of all forms and schedules related to corporations, S-corporations, partnerships, and consolidated returns.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP and tax compliance and consulting.
- Experience with inbound and outbound transaction consulting, multi-national corporation experience, transfer pricing, foreign tax credit utilization, and tax minimization (this experience is valued but not a requirement of the position).
- Experience with various facets of state & local taxation, compliance & advisory, including sales & use, personal & real property, franchise and multi-jurisdiction income tax. Experience in other than multi-state income/franchise is valued but not required. A base level of multi-state income/franchise experience is expected.
- Strong research and compliance skills.
- International experience and knowledge preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in building, interfacing and managing client base.
- Proven ability to work on multiple client engagements and adhere to tax deadlines.
- Excellent supervisory, organizational, problem solving, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills.
- Excellent project management and presentation skills.